Botswana Predator Rich Safari
An all exclusive 7 day, 6 night safari
Our featured lodge is Mashatu Main & Tented Camp in remote Eastern Botswana Tuli block, a diverse wilderness of grassland, riverine forests, marshland, wide open plains and majestic rocky hills of sandstone outcrops. It encompasses hundreds of square miles of unfenced wilderness and is open to equal wilderness areas in Zimbabwe. One of Africa's most dramatic parks its also well visited by photographers throughout the world for the remarkable photographic opportunities it presents. In addition to a host of predators including Lion, Leopard and Cheetah it also hosts a remarkable array of smaller carnivores such as Caracal, Jackal, Honey Badger and African Wildcat.
*Up to 350 species of birds can be seen here which makes it ideal for those interested in bird life and photography.
- Arrive at OR Tambo Intl. airport, you will be collected after baggage & greeted by one of our representatives.
- Transfer | Private drive to The Peech Hotel (approx. 20 minutes)
- Dinner & Overnight accommodation at The Peech Hotel
- Complimentary Breakfast at The Peech Hotel
- Transfer | Drive to Pont Drift Border post (approx. 5 hours)
- Clear Customs | Please ensure all documents and passports are valid and in line with country of residence.
- Check-in at Mashatu Main or Tented Camp
- High Tea & Afternoon game drive or walk
- Dinner at the Boma & Overnight in Mashatu
Day 3, 4, 5 & 6
- Full day of Safari Activities | Generally your days on Safari will follow a similar pattern. The game is most active before the heat of the day sets in, so an early start is essential.
- After a cup of tea or coffee you will head out on a game drive or walk , returning around 10 am for brunch (luxury bush picnic brunches or lunches can be arranged)
- Relax | swim, read a book, have a drink!
- Around 3pm high tea is served before heading out on safari game drive or walk to catch the evening's activity
- Sundowners in the bush before returning to camp in time to wash up for a dinner feast
- Sleep-In or Morning safari activity
- Enjoy a proper Bush Breakfast before check-out
- Transfer | Depart to Pont Drift Border Post
- Onward Transfer | To a hand-picked location dependent upon client interests, enquire here → ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org
The Peech Hotel | Johannesburg's eco-friendly, chic boutique hotel. Situated centrally in Melrose, between Rosebank and Sandton.
Mashatu Game Reserve | The name is derived from the magnificent Mashatu or Nyala berry trees, which occur throughout this 29 000 hectares of land. This area is home to no less than seven of Africa’s giants: the African elephant (world's largest living land animal), the lion (king of the beasts), the giraffe (world’s tallest mammal), the baobab tree (strong contender for world's largest tree & one of the longest living trees), the eland (world’s largest antelope), the ostrich (world’s largest bird) and the kori bustard (world’s heaviest flying bird).
For the client who is accustomed to luxury, the Mashatu Main Camp will meet every expectation. 14 luxury suites lie along the camp’s perimeter and are designed to allow absolute privacy and a communion with the bush and its inhabitants. Each of the air-conditioned suites at Mashatu Main Camp is tastefully decorated and includes impressive black and white prints of Africa’s most beautiful animals. This is the ideal camp for the family traveler.
Photographic Safari | Expert photographic guides available by request. Guests can sit quietly and watch animals moving directly towards them in the amazing photographic hides, all the while taking pictures from unique angles, resulting in unique and exceptional quality photography.
Tell us what you are looking for, we will help build & customize a trip just for you.
GBE Sir Seretse Khama International Airport located in Gaborone, Botswana
JNB, OR Tambo International Airport located in Johannessberg, South Africa